What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are returned to the original website each time you visit it, or to another website that recognizes the cookie. Cookies act as a reminder of a website, allowing you to remember your device on subsequent visits. Cookies can also remember your preferences, improve the user experience, and tailor your ads.
Cookies used on this website
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies are essential and necessary for the website to work properly and to use the various options and services it offers.
- Session cookies: Session cookies are those that exist only while the user is browsing the web and are deleted at the end.
How to control and delete cookies
Most web browsers accept cookies, but you can change your web browser settings to reject new cookies, disable existing cookies, or to notify you when someone sends you a new cookie on your device. To change the settings, follow the instructions provided by each browser:
- Internet Explorer: Tools> Internet Options> Privacy Or click here for more information.
- Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> History> Custom Settings. Or click here for more information.
- Chrome: Settings> Show advanced settings> Privacy> Content settings. Or click here for more information.
- Safari: Preferences> Security. Or click here for more information.
- Opera: Configuration. Or click here for more information.